I’m learning Salsa from Michelle Badion at the UW Experimental classes. I’m pretty interested by the moves I learned so far. Here is the sampler, well not a video tape yet but just more ramblings :).
- Dont do basic steps at any point the easiest thing to make the follower feel that she is going places is to keep doing half turns all the time.
- If you are in a close hand position and want to go to open arm position then do a half turn to get in that position.
- Basic step 1-3, turn – turn – turn 5-7, Back Step 1, She 2 goes, Back Step 3, he goes 5, back step 6, she goes 7, basic 1-3 : Is michelle favorite turn!
- Fancy turn: raise her arm- 1, back turn 2-3, turn her around to side 5-7 and she is locked in to you, front step 1,-3, turn her out 5-7 …
- Side step has three turns: Full swing (one and half turn) outside turn, Half inside turn, full inside turn.
- Side step is like basic 1-3 and step on side on 5 and 6-7 is the turn or she goes to the other side (ie half turn).
Thats all for Salsa as of now. I have to write the step in more detail and there are quite a few i forgot ;).