Alrite summer is just around the corner! Its the time we folks in Northwest look forward to! The entire misery of dark winters and rainy days is worth the gorgeous 3 months of summer we get around here!
I have been meaning to do a few outdoorsy things this summer, and wanted to started chalking my list here so that friends and family can join in, talk me in to and out of few things :) –
- Rock-climbing & Bouldering
- A weekend bouldering trip to Squamish!
- Climbing as many single-pitch 5.8s as I can. May be pick up Exit-38 Wednesdays!
- Goal: Outer space (?) (July 2nd week or Aug 2nd week) – Outer space is a six pitch climb near Leavenworth, and it has been my goal since i started cragging a couple of years ago. Given my space and rock-climbing touch, it might not happen this year but still a worthy goal.
- Mountaineering –
- Mt. Adams (June 19th?)
- Mt. Baker (June 26th)
- Mt. Shuskan (?)
- Goal: Lead a trip up Mt. Rainier (July 17th), may be two
- Goal: One ice-climb, may be Mt. Hood late in the season (Aug 1st week?)
- Flying Wheels Summer Century! (June 12th)
- Goal: Lead a week-long trip along Oregon Coast (week of July 24th), in preparation to India biking adventure.
- Now that i still have my SV650s for this season I would love to do some long riding and track days with it. I have already been eyeing some routes.
- Goal: Do at-least one long ride and one track day!
- Yosemite (?) (Late summer Aug(?))
- Need suggestions and friends to go with!
- Hiking & Camping
- Granite Mountain
- Camp Muir
- Goal: At-least do one camping trip with friends
- Try a new activity
- Rafting down Yakima river! (July 4th –?)
- Sea-kayaking or Sailing
- Goal: Learn to swim in open water
May be I should make a outdoor activities calendar. Making it public is a little itchy but hey its summer in the northwest!!